Thursday, August 22, 2013

Why You Should Let Your Husband Play Video Games

Thursday, August 22, 2013
^My Hubby and Our Friend playing a game^ 

Disclaimer: I'm using the term "let" loosely here, obviously, you do not own your husband (or boyfriend), nor do they own you. I'm using this more as a this is why you should be happy when your hubby's playing video games.
That just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it? 

Here they are in no particular order...

1. Hand-Eye Coordination- This is a great thing to have... and something I definitely struggle with not playing sports or video games very much. Trust me, my hubby has it!
2. Finger Dexterity/Strength- Finger strength and dexterity is great for gripping things.
3. Focus- When your hubby plays video games, he learns the art of focus. Imagine that same focus turned on you.
4. Strategy- Often video games involve strategy, which involves at least some intelligence. Usually quite a bit if they're any good. This is obviously a good thing because we all want our hubby's to be intelligent! Also... if he can strategize that means he can strategically "tease" you or plan surprises for you!
5. Confidence- There is a certain elation that you get when you win a game... especially one you put a lot of effort into that involved focus and strategy. He will be confident and happy, which is a very good thing for you! (wink, wink)

*Bonus: Video games are relaxing to most men- I know, I don't get it either (they stress me out to no end) but, something about focusing on a game and not their troubles really relaxes them.*

So, while we all want to spend lots of time with our husband and/or boyfriend, it is important to let them have their video game time... without getting all huffy about it. Just think, its actually helping them in more ways than you think! 
Think of it as their version of pinterest... only, they're actually developing skills and we are just learning about them. ;) 


P.s. I know girls can play video games too, and I know several that do so... all of the above goes for them too. I try my hand at it every now and again but they're really just not my thing. The one I got into the most was Minecraft, if that tells you anything. So, this is my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014