Tuesday, December 31, 2013

How to Keep Your New Year's Resolutions

Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Well, its that time of year again. New Years! Time to reflect on the year past, and get ready for the year ahead. 
Some of us use this opportunity to make New Years Resolutions. Personally, I love making resolutions and goals, but I am terrible at keeping them. Thats why this year, I have a plan. 

First, I made my resolutions with this wonderful printable that I found on thirtyhandmadedays, and framed it. 

Then, taking a cue from Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project, I then created a word document setting out my goals with specific tasks that I can do that I can check off daily (or biweekly, like blogging).
And  taking some advice from Shawn Achor of Before Happiness I did added pictures to my desktop to remind me of my goals and inspire me. Check them out on my Goals 2014 pinterest board here
I also changed my computer password to remind me of my goals. That way I am constantly reminded of my goals. 
I needed some way to keep track of whether or not I accomplished my goals that day/week so, I downloaded a "weekly assignment calendar" for Microsoft Word. For the "class subject" I used the 6 categories I could put all of my goals under: Spiritual, Health, Observe&Organize, Marriage, Writing, and Lifestyle. 

I printed the goal sheet, and this calendar and put them in a binder.
My plan is to check off the good days with an check mark, the bad with an "x."


Hopefully with all of these tips, you and I can keep our resolutions!

Cheers to a healthy and happy new year! What are your New Years Resolutions? Any tips to to keep them? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Still My Superman © 2014